Hanging somewhere cool? Check in, tag friends, and add the place to your own personal map of the world. 📍
How to Check In
- Tap the add button at the bottom right of the map screen
- Choose who you’re with. Zenly automatically selects nearby friends. Someone forgot their phone? No problem, just tap a friend’s name, or if no one is selected, the ‘Tag Friends‘ option to add friends
- Double check the place detected is correct, if not tap the place name to select a different one. If the place isn’t in the list, scroll right to the bottom and choose ‘Create a New Spot‘
- Tap ‘I‘m here‘ to add the place to your map and let your friends know where you are and who you are with :)
What Happens When You Check In to a Place
Check in to a place and your friends will receive a notification to say that you’re there so that they know to come and join you, or ask which burger is the best one to take next time they go. 🙃
And if your friends miss the notification, no sweat 🆒🆒. Every time you check in to a place, it generates a highlight for your friends to view. Highlights are only viewable in Zenly for 24 hours. Highlights are a quick way to see what your friends got up to throughout the day. You can view them from your main map (Zenly curates the coolest ones from across all your friends), or from the timeline when you focus on a friend’s pin (here you’ll see all of their highlights from the past 24 hours).
Another reason to check in is that each time you do, your map on Zenly becomes more personal to you!! Check in and the place gets added to your map so that you can get directions there in the future with just a tap (using Go Mode) and keep tabs on how you’re progressing on the public leaderboard for that place.
When you check in to a place it also adds it to Your World (more on that here) on your public profile on Zenly. This way, you can show the world where you spend time IRL, and whether you’re more of a chill bar or late night party restaurant kind of person. 🌝
Once you check in to a place and add it to your map, any future visits will be automatically detected by zenly – so that you can spend more time hanging out with your friends, and less time on your phone. :)
Some places are private and won’t show in your world (learn more).
Add a Place You Previously Visited
Okkkk so you’re not always going to be on your phone when you’re hanging out with the crew. Rightly so!! On Zenly, you can check in to a place and add it to your map, even after you’ve left. :) There are 2 places you can do this from:
- From your map - as you move around your main map, you’ll notice grey squares with a question mark. These are places that Zenly detected that you went to in the past but didn’t check in to. The numbers show how long you were there. Simply tap the square and add it to your map. You can choose the place and tag friends, just like you would with a normal check in. 🤝
- From Your World - you can add places to your map in bulk each time you open My World on your profile. If Zenly detects multiple places that you spent time at but didn’t check in to, they’ll be queued up ready for you to add. just like magic. 🪄
Create a Custom Place
Sometimes, if you really know the coolest spots in town, the place you want to check in to won’t yet be listed on Zenly. That's where you can help us!! Because you can add custom places when you check in. ⛵️⛵️ Go to the bottom of the place list to find the option to create a custom place. Custom places appear on your personal map until approved by Zenly. Once approved other people will be able to check in there too and you’ll have made Zenly better for everyone.
Finally, you can remove a place if you need to keep your visit on the down low.