Introducing What's Up, letting you share moments, and make memories with your friends. 🎥
Send your friends a What’s Up and they’ll record and share the moment they are living with you. You can rebound, sending back your moment (which can be a video or a photo) to show them that while they’re at the club, you’re at home watching Netflix. Get a glimpse into their world, or just know if the party is good before going. 🎉
You can save moments that you send and receive to your memories. With memories, you can look back on all the times shared with friends, whether you were together or apart. Think of it as the highlight reel of your friendships!
Ask a friend What's Up
3 easy ways to send a What's Up!
- Tap on your friend's map icon or open the emoji panel in a conversation with them. 🗺 💬 From there, tap "What's Up", top left in the emoji panel.
- Tap on a gathering and then the What's Up icon.
- Tap the globe icon at the bottom of your map to discover what your friends are up to. See something interesting 👀, and want to learn more? Tap the What's Up icon.
Spamming isn't cool, 🚫 you can only send one What's Up per friend at a time and it will expire after 2 hours, or simply when your friend responds.
Reply to a What's Up
- Tap on the What's Up notification. It also appears in your chat inbox!
- Capture your moment as either a video or photo! 🎥 You can't reply with media from your gallery, so get ready to say cheese and smile! 😄
- Edit your moment! Add text and tap on the place and score labels to further customize your moment! You can choose between showing: the total number of moments you've shared, where you rank amongst friends, or even where you rank compared to all Zenly users. 😱
- SEND! 🙌 Moments are viewable for 24 hours (unless saved 🤔, more on that below👇) before disappearing into thin air! 💨 There is no limit to the number of times you can view a moment so make the most of viewing them before they disappear! 🔂
Save a moment to create a memory
View a moment and tap save (bottom left) to create a memory. Some important things to remember when it comes to saving memories:
- If you save your own moment it will only appear in your memories
- If a friend saves your moment it will be added to your memories, your friend's memories and your shared memories (the same goes if you save your friend's moment!) 🤓
Shared Memories can be viewed in the Highlights section (tap the profile icon, top right of the chat screen). For group chats, if one friend saves your moment, it saves to all member's memories. 💞
Remember: moments expire after 24 hours. You'll see the moment appear as with 'one final chance' on the cover in your conversation before it disappears forever, so be sure to save 'em if you want to keep 'em. 🤠
Removing a memory
You have complete control over your memories. 🤝 If a friend saves your moment as a memory, you can remove it permanently at any time. To remove your memory all you need to do is view it and tap the saved icon in the bottom left. Don't forget to download it first if needed, as removing sends it into the black hole! ⚫️
Rebound, you know you want to!
Want to rise to the top of the What's Up ranking? Time to grow your score! The best way to do this is by rebounding on your friend's moment - how long can you keep it going back and forth?! Rebound on a friend's moment by tapping the rebound button at the bottom of your screen. You can rebound to moments within 24 hours of receiving and can only rebound one time per moment.