Your location isn't updating correctly? Maybe your friends only see your real-time location when you have Zenly open? 😭
If so, it sounds like battery/data-saving settings are enabled on your device, preventing Zenly from running correctly in the background.
It can be pretty daunting at first to find the settings but don't worry; we're going to walk through it together. 🤗 The wording of the settings below can differ slightly depending on your device, so keep your eyes peeled for anything similar! 👀
Android 10, Android 11
Allow Zenly to run in the background
- Settings > Applications > Zenly > Battery > Allow Background Activity.
Allow Zenly to run permanently in the background
- Open Zenly > Go to opened applications (tap, hold and swipe up from the bottom of your home screen) > Zenly > More Options ( ⁝ ) > enable Keep Open For Quick Launching.
Verify Battery Saving settings
- Settings > Applications > Zenly > Battery > Battery Optimization > All apps > Zenly > enable the option Don’t Optimize.
- Settings > Applications > More Options ( ⁝ ) > Special Access > Optimize battery usage > All Applictions > ensure Zenly is toggled off.
- Settings > Battery > More Battery Settings > toggle Adaptive Battery off.
- Settings > Battery > More Options ( ⁝ ) > Automation > ensure all options are toggled off.
Verify Sleeping settings
- Device Care or Device Maintenance > Battery > More Options ( ⁝ ) > Sleeping Applications > ensure the option Put Unused Applications to Sleep is disabled.
- Device Care or Device Maintenance > Battery > More Options ( ⁝ ) > Sleeping Applications > remove Zenly from the list if shown.
The Sleeping settings on some devices are located in Device Settings > Battery > Background Usage Limits.
Android 7, Android 8, Android 9, Android 10
Ensure Zenly is exempt from battery-saving settings
Settings > Device maintenance > Battery > Unmonitored apps > Add apps > Zenly.
Ensure Zenly can run in the background
- Settings > Apps > Zenly > Battery > toggle on Allow Background Activity.
If the above steps do not resolve your issue, check out our article, "My location isn't updating – Android" for further help.